Welcome to the NZ Work at Home Parents' Showcase. A page designed to exhibit what our NZ WAHP's have to offer. If you would like to see your products and services advertised here, with an update each time you post on your blog, please get in touch, via the contact tab.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Minky Bots - 2nd Place in our Show Us Ya Workstation Competition!

A huge congratulations to Helena, our 2nd place winner in the Show Us Ya Workstation Competition, a placing made even more impressive by the fact that she only entered with a day or two to spare! Well done to you!






Where you are located?
Feilding, NZ

Tell us about you and your family

I am a stay at home mum to 2 gorgeous little boys under 3 years, who keep me super busy. And have #3 due in August.



What made you want to be a WAHM?
I decided to start Minky bots so that i had a way to earn money while staying home with my boys.

What is your business all about?

When I found out I was pregnant with my first son, I said to my partner that I wanted to use cloth nappies, his reaction to that was “no way”. So from that point on there was no turning back for me (because im so stubborn), and I can proudly say I have only ever bought 1 pack of disposables, and that was in the middle of winter with 2 boys in nappies.
Im not talking about all the flash pocket nappies, fitteds or AIO you can get, I started out using the old flat cloth nappies with pins and a waterproof cover!
Then I thought I would give it a go at making my own pocket nappies, which then turned into me designing my own pattern that suited my son perfectly in 4 different sizes. Newborn, Small, Medium and Large.
Minky Bots has just grown from there. I now offer a extra large nappy to order and am working on a one size fits all pattern.



How do you balance work, family and you-time?
Sometimes i find it really hard to do this with 2 little kids, but if i need to sew i try and do it while Tim is home so that he can watch the boys, otherwise i do little bits here and there when i can. I try to get in a few hours sewing a week though depending on how much i need to do.

Here is a list of products i make
Nappies – Newborn, small, medium and large
Extra Large to Order
Nappies with Snap-On Clothing and accessories (© Minky Bots, 2010 Patent Pending)
Inserts – Small, Medium, Large
Taggy Balls
Taggy Cubes
Taggy Blankets
Microfleece liners (10 Pack)
Cloth Wipes (5 Pack)
Minky Bibs (3 layers backed in towelling OR PUL)
Minky Snuggly Blanket
Minky Changemat
Minky Wetbag





Contact Details



EMAIL - info@minkybots.co.nz
WEBSITE - http://www.minkybots.co.nz/
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/MinkybotsNappies
TWITTER @MinkyBots
BLOG - http://minkybots.blogspot.com/
TRADEME LISTINGS - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=3464258
LITTLE KIWI'S NEST SHOP - http://littlekiwisnest.co.nz/store/Minky+Bots


No comments:

Post a Comment