Welcome to the NZ Work at Home Parents' Showcase. A page designed to exhibit what our NZ WAHP's have to offer. If you would like to see your products and services advertised here, with an update each time you post on your blog, please get in touch, via the contact tab.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moo and Flo - Another of our Winners of Show Us Ya Workstation Competition!

Dianne from Moo and Flo came 4th in our Show Us Ya Workstation Competition, and so will have advertising/shoutouts every Thursday for the Month of May. Congratulations Dianne!
Where are you located?
Laingholm, Auckland

Tell us about you and your family

Me (Dianne), Dan, and wee Monty.  Moo and Flo is named for my online gaming name (Flo) and Monty's nickname (Moo).  Dan is a software engineer but once made me a cushion by hand, such was the romance of courtship.



Tell us about your business
I make clothes for children up to the age of 6, trying to make things that are different to what is in the shops, and never making too many the same as I want to keep that feeling I had as a child of having something different to everyone else.

What made you want to become a WAHP?  

I wanted to create something rather than filling *all* of my down time gaming, so I figured this would be a fun and creative thing to do.  It allows me to still be a SAHM and work around Monty, which is brilliant.  And, of course, it means I can make things for him, too, which I love as myh mum used to make most of my clothes as a child and I loved having things that were unique.


What made you pick the type of business that you did?
Because I can sew :)  And because it is easy to make items in fits and starts if need be, to fit around being a mum.  It's also very satisfying seeing other children in things I've made - it gives me warm fuzzies and the oomph to go on and make more.

How do you balance work/family/you-time?




Jeepers, I'm not sure I *do* sometimes!  When the planets are with me, I just work in the evenings when Moo is asleep, or on the two days he is with his wonderful carer, Dawn.  When I started the business, Moo slept 2-3 hours every afternoon, but wouldn't you know he dropped the naps within 2 weeks of launching.  Kids, eh!  Still, I just do what I can, when I can, and focus on enjoying what I do.

Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/MooAndFlo   

Blog page: http://mooandflo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment