Welcome to the NZ Work at Home Parents' Showcase. A page designed to exhibit what our NZ WAHP's have to offer. If you would like to see your products and services advertised here, with an update each time you post on your blog, please get in touch, via the contact tab.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Upper Cut Hair Design - Another of our competition winners!

Congratulations to Kelly from Upper Cut Hair Design, third place in our Show Us Ya Workstation competition.


Where are you based?
I am located in Papakura Auckland.

Tell us about your business and why you wanted to become a WAHM?

I wanted to set up a salon at home so I could still be a full time mum.  I only ever book one client at a time, you dont share the salon with anyone else, so can feel comfortable and relax, with your children doing what children do best (and I dont mind one bit!)  You can also relax with no children around too as you have the salon to your self, this also means im all yours! I am not rushing between clients and you will never feel like a number.  I wanted a modern salon that offered all the trimmings, good coffee, a great selection of mags and of course my 11 years of expertise make this possible :D
While my youngest is still at Kindy I work part time hours,  but when he starts school next year I will be stepping the salon up to the next level! I love hairdressing, its a wonderful thing to make some one feel beautiful, I have many sleep deprived mums cry in my arms when they leave, because they feel so good about themselves and have had a little "me" time (even if they have had to bring the children).  





How do you balance work/family/you-time?
I have been in business 18 months now, and have grown and learnt so much, the balance of family/business is great, my kids know upstairs is mummy's work, and only pop up on a late night for a kiss goodnight, they love knowing im just upstairs!
My husband and family have been a great support, my loyal clients are awesome, without them Upper Cut Hair Design wouldn't have worked, I am so blessed to have such a faithful backing!  To keep my clients feeling valued I run specials every month, and try to to giveaways when I can (always looking for business' that want to donate, in return for advertising..... *hint*)





Please see Upper Cut Hair Design's Website, www.uppercuthd.co.nz








No comments:

Post a Comment